The State of Alabama is offering grants in an amount up to $10,320 for volunteer fire departments (VFDs) that meet eligibility requirements. The ‘Alabama Volunteer Fire Department Grants’ are to support those VFDs that have been financially impacted by the COVID-19 pandemic. Total approved disbursements will be awarded to eligible applicants. The application process for this grant program is being administered by the Alabama Department of Finance.
- Application period for the grant program opened on March 7 and runs through noon on March 25, 2022.
- Eligible applicants for this grant program are VFDs which have tax identification numbers separate from the local government entity (county, city, or town) they support.
- VFDs wishing to take advantage of this unique opportunity should visit the COVID-19 Recovery Grant Program Application Website: https://alabama.submittable.com/submit.
- A detailed ‘Information and FAQ’ packet for the program is available at: https://frf.alabama.gov/provider.aspx
- VFDs with questions about the application may contact the Coronavirus Recovery Funds Office at (334) 353-2749 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include “Volunteer Fire Department Grant Program” in the subject line of the email.
- Information required for application:
- Contact information for the VFD, including the department’s Employer Tax Identification Number.
- An up-to-date W-9 and banking information.
- Executed certification by the organization acknowledging source and eligible uses of funds. This certification is included within the application.
- Governor Ivey’s Legislative Affairs Office will contact members of the Legislature as applications are processed for payment.